Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bill Clinton, Pius XI, Hitler and Mussolini

No, this is not one of my blogs comparing famous historical persons, with shock value from the juxtapositioning of people Americans are trained to see as saints and demons.

I've added some serious essays to www.iiipublishing.com that have not been posted in this blog. I am just letting you know about them, in case you want to read them.

Yesterday I posted Clinton Era Memories. Remember President Bill Clinton, who was supposed to represent a return to liberalism after a decade of Reagan and Bush? I sure do.

Then there is Pius XI. I am going to be writing a lot more about him because I found a book by Avro Manhattan, The Vatican in World Politics, at a used book sale. This had been very helpful in filling in the factual details about the relationship of fascism to the Roman Catholic Church. Here are the links to the first two articles:

Pius XI and the Rise of Benito Mussolini
Pius XI and the Rise of Adolf Hitler


Look forward to future essays on Pius XI and the rise of fascism in Spain, Austria, Slovakia, Poland, and France. Then there is Pius XII, who helped Pius XI with all that and continued to support fascist regimes during World War II until it became clear that the Allies would win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment